This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career and gain experience of working for an established multi-site retailer in a busy buying department. The role is based in our head office in Portlaoise.
Group Category Manager
- Be the administrative support to the category management function.
- Be the first administrative contact point for stores, suppliers and warehouse.
- Deputise for the Group Category Manager in their absence.
- Have a general knowledge of the retail market and competitor activities.
- Ensure orders placed at suppliers are accurately and promptly loaded into the Eurostop system.
- Support line manager in ensuring ordered ranges arrive in time and as ordered.
- Support Group Category Manager in providing clear and concise buying plan summaries.
- Raise credit claims with suppliers (follow through is with accounts department).
- Contribute at and support line manager at weekly trade meetings with concrete proposed actions to drive sales and margin.
- Support line manager in the preparation of instore merchandising & presentation guidelines and ensure customer-facing messages (e.g. railcards) are consistent with the department approach and are properly briefed to marketing.
- Support line manager in supplier meetings / store visits where appropriate and ensure an accurate record is made of key actions / agreements.
- Assist line manager in building of customer-focused collections.
- Support line manager in their negotiation of trading terms with suppliers.
- Work within the wider team to “think company” and “think customer solution.”
- Deputise for other category management assistants in other departments in their absence when required.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by senior management where relevant.
Skills & Experience:
- IT literate.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Excel).
- Numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent work structuring and coordination skills.
- Ideally educated to university degree level.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Positive attitude with a passion for improvement.
- Team spirited.
- Gets to “the heart” of the issue.
- Will “stay the course.”
- Inspires confidence.
- Comfortable with international travel when required.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and multitask.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief statement outlining why you feel you are suitable for the position. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence. For further details, please contact Lianne Dunne-Robinson on +353 57 869 2300.